With a commitment to access for all practitioners and researchers, Action Learning, Action Research Association Ltd (ALARA) encourages membership of Action Learning and Action Research practitioners, researchers and those interested in learning more about these approaches. Reasonable membership rates, student rates and low resource country rates support access for Action Learning and Action Research practitioners from across the globe.
There are four categories of membership in ALARA: Individual, Organizational, ex-Officio and Life. Life membership is awarded from time to time for outstanding service to the work of ALARA and the Action Learning / Action Research community, while ex-Officio membership is awarded in exchange for services supplied to ALARA.
To apply for Individual Membership, please click on the Membership Application button on the lower right of this page.
There are many benefits to being a member of ALARA, including:
- Access to the ALAR Journal, published twice annually, and ALARA Monograph;
- Reduced price on other ALARA publications, such as Conference and World Congress Proceedings;
- Fortnightly e-news updates;
- Discounts at local ALARA events, conferences and World Congresses;
- Recognition of member's qualifications and experience in Action Learning and Action Research through ALARA's Fellows program.
To see the full list of benefits of membership, please see our benefits of ALARA membership for individuals page.
Information about Organizational or Affiliate Membership is available on our Affiliates page.